Appalachian Diabetes Consultation
Embassy Row Hotel
The Appalachian Regional Commission will host a regional consultation on type 2 diabetes in Appalachia on Thursday, April 10, 2014, in Washington, D.C. The Appalachian Diabetes Consultation will foster discussion among diabetes experts, Commission members, and other key regional stakeholders on the disease and its implications for economic and community development in the Appalachian Region.
Critical questions that will be addressed during the consultation include:
- How does type 2 diabetes affect the Appalachian Region's economic strength?
- How effective and efficient are ARC investments in regional diabetes initiatives?
- What are best practices in diabetes prevention, control, and treatment that could help Appalachian communities do more with existing resources?
- What are the opportunities for workforce development or entrepreneurial efforts related to diabetes prevention, control, and treatment?
- How can ARC maximize the impact of its diabetes-related strategic funding partnerships?
Questions about the consultation may be directed to Eric Stockton, ARC health program manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.884.7752.