Legislative Update: FY 2018 Omnibus Appropriations Legislation Includes $155 Million for ARC
- $73 million for ARCís base program;
- $50 million for the POWER Initiative to help communities that have been adversely impacted by changes in the coal industry and power sector;
- $16 million for a program of industrial site and workforce development in Southern and South Central Appalachia focused primarily on the automotive supplier sector and the aviation sector;
- $10 million to continue a program of high-speed broadband deployment in economically distressed counties in Central Appalachia; and
- $6 million for basic infrastructure improvements in economically distressed counties in Central Appalachia.
The legislation was passed by the U.S. Senate on March 23 and by the House of Representatives on March 22.