Legislative Update: $165 Million for ARC is Included in the Final Conference Report for the FY 2019 Energy and Water Appropriations Act
The Conference Report includes:
- $73 million for ARC's base program
- $50 million for the POWER program of special assistance to coal-impacted communities
- $16 million for a program of workforce and industrial site development focused primarily on the automotive and aviation sectors in South and South Central Appalachia.
- $16 million for a program of basic infrastructure improvements in distressed counties in Central Appalachia.
- $10 million to continue a program of broadband deployment in distressed counties in Central Appalachia.
The Legislation is currently pending Presidential signature.