July 6-31, 2020
See the program flyer and the FAQs for more info.
Transportation to, from, and within Pittsburgh
- Full room and board, including meals
- All related activities paid, including extracurricular activities
- Paid work experience and job shadowing; a stipend of $600
- Mentoring and coaching, including career exploration
- Networking and access to entrepreneurial resources
19 rising high school seniors from 9 Appalachian states will participate in the inaugural session of the Appalachian Entrepreneurship Academy. See press release for more info!
WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO BE AN ENTREPRENEURIAL LEADER IN APPALACHIA?
Appalachia's high school seniors enrolled in the 2020-2021 school year are invited to apply for the Appalachian Entrepreneurship Academy (AEA), a four-week, all expenses paid, immersive entrepreneurial experience!
What is the Appalachian Entrepreneurship Academy?
- A residential summer program for the next generation of Appalachian innovators and entrepreneurs.
- An opportunity for skill building tutorials in business planning, product development, and idea modeling.
- Paid work experience with businesses, startups, and other members of Appalachia's budding entrepreneurial ecosystem.
- A chance to win seed funding in a team based professional pitch competition.
Founded by the Appalachian Regional Commission and made possible by the Institute for Educational Leadership.
For more information about the program, download this flyer and read the FAQs.
Missed our February 26th webinar? Here's an overview video on of everything you need to know! Please note this webinar was recorded prior to the AEA deadline extension.
Applications are due by April 15, 2020!
How to Apply
Students applying to the Academy must be in their senior year of high school in the fall of 2020 and must attend a school in the Appalachian Region during the 2020-2021 school year.