COVID-19 UPDATES AND RESOURCES |
ARC is carefully and continually monitoring the COVID-19 situation as it is impacting the Appalachian Region. ARC staff, who are now primarily teleworking, are continuing to process and administer grants, new applications, progress reports, and payment requests as they are received.
For weekly updates on the COVID crisis in Appalachia, subscribe to our newsletter, In The Region.
ARC's goal is to be a resource hub for the Appalachian Region during the COVID-19 crisis. This page lists resources collected from our regional partners. We will continue to update this list as more resources become available.
Grantee Notices & Modifications
Appalachia Responds to COVID-19
Many national organizations and coalitions are offering resources and support appropriate to Appalachia's communities.
APPALACHIA RESPONDS TO COVID-19
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, communities across Appalachia are banding together to pool resources and ideas for resilience. Here are some of the many inspiring examples. If you have a regional resource to suggest, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- ACENet Ohio has comprehensive list of resources for small businesses, nonprofits, and entrepreneurs in Appalachian Ohio
- Appalachian Community Capital will administer the Emergency Business Response Assistance Program to strengthen and stabilize the Region's Community Development Financial Institutions (CDFIs) and other finance lenders serving small businesses impacted by COVID-19.
- Appalachian Growth Capital is accepting gap loan application for small businesses in Appalachian Ohio.
- Appalachian Partnership for Economic Growth (APEG) has resources for economic development leaders, employers, and workforce in the OhioSE region and surrounding areas.
- The Board of County Commissioners for Garrett County and the Garrett County Development Corporation have developed a loan program for local small businesses in Appalachian Maryland.
- Nonprofit Rural Action and ACEnet are organizing the Athens County Response Fund is supporting Athens County businesses, employees and organizations in Athens County, Ohio.
- Central Appalachian Network (CAN) has created a hub of resources for small businesses, nonprofits and entrepreneurs across central Appalachia
- CO.STARTERS is curating virtual workshops and webinars for entrepreneurs.
- The Industrial Commons, in Morganton, North Carolina, is coordinating textile manufacturers to produce medical safety gear for distribution to the Appalachian Region and the nation.
- The Kentucky Small Business Development Center is offering emergency coaching and financial planning to small businesses in Kentucky.
- LaunchTN, is providing a variety of resources including state government contacts, small businesses, and other support services in Tennessee.
- The Ohio Emergency PPE Makers Exchange, includes manufacturers in Portsmouth, Zanesville, Youngstown, and other Appalachian Ohio communities who are retooling their operations to make protective gear.
- SEDA-Council of Government (SEDA-COG) has information and resources for businesses, communities, and residents of Pennsylvania.
- Shaping Our Appalachian Region has developed comprehensive tools for communities, businesses, and families across Eastern Kentucky.
- StartUpAlleghenies is curating resources and providing technical assistance for entrepreneurs in Pennsylvania.
- West Virginia Small Business Development Center (WV SBDC) has information and resource tools for West Virginia's Small Businesses
Each Appalachian governor has stood up a state-specific COVID-19 resource page.