Calling researchers, policymakers, and funders: join us for a webinar highlighting key findings from a REL Appalachia review of interventions designed to address nonacademic barriers students from rural and high-poverty settings face when transitioning from high school to postsecondary programs.
Our panel of practitioners and researchers will also discuss:
- The importance of conducting rigorous education research.
- Barriers to conducting education research, particularly in rural settings.
- Potential solutions to address those barriers.
- Jennifer Ash, Director, National Center for Rural Education Research Networks
- Sherry Horner, Organizational Results and Data Officer, Partners for Education at Berea College
- Ann O’Connell, Program Chair, Department of Education Studies, The Ohio State University
- Allen Pratt, Executive Director, National Rural Education Association
- CJ Park, Senior Education Researcher, REL Appalachia, SRI International
- Rebecca Schmidt, Principal Education Researcher, REL Appalachia, SRI International