Legislative Update: President Trump Signs FY 2017 Omnibus Appropriations Legislation
- $70 million for ARCís base program;
- $50 million for the POWER Initiative to help communities that have been adversely impacted by changes in the coal industry and power sector;
- $10 million to continue a program of high-speed broadband deployment in economically distressed counties in Central Appalachia that have been most negatively impacted by the downturn in the coal industry;
- $16 million for a program of industrial site and workforce development in Southern and South Central Appalachia focused primarily on the automotive supply sector and the aviation sector, with up to $13.5 million of that amount provided for activities in Southern Appalachia; and
- $6 million for a program of basic infrastructure improvements in economically distressed counties in Central Appalachia.