Legislative Update: President Trump Approves FY 2019 Energy and Water Appropriations Act, Including $165 Million for ARC
The legislation includes:
- $73 million for ARC's base program.
- $50 million for the POWER program of special assistance to coal-impacted communities.
- $16 million for a program of workforce and industrial site development focused primarily on the automotive and aviation sectors in South and South Central Appalachia.
- $16 million for a program of basic infrastructure improvements in distressed counties in Central Appalachia.
- $10 million to continue a program of broadband deployment in distressed counties in Central Appalachia.
President Trump signed the bill into law (P.L. 115-244) on September 21, 2018.